The Hiring Range for this position is $15.26-$19.20 per hour
The Full-Time Hospitality position is responsible for assisting in all hospitality, custodial, and general cleaning functions. This position provides an atmosphere that is clean, safe, healthy, and inviting.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the facility including vacuuming, cleaning floors, dusting, washing windows and walls, cleaning and disinfecting restrooms and shower facilities, emptying trash, and all other cleaning functions.
- Keeps equipment and furnishings clean.
- Keeps custodial supplies in stock, and custodial equipment in good repair. Safe use and storage of chemical products.
- Performs the set up and take down of tables and chairs as needed for classes and activities.
- Works with instructors and user groups (classes, clubs, rentals) to adapt set-up to meet their needs.
- Assists in the upkeep of the exterior grounds and entrances of the facility including picking up and disposing of trash, assisting in the removal of snow, sweeping/washing sidewalks.
- Replenish supplies in break room, bathrooms, and activity areas. (i.e. paper supplies, soap, etc.)
- Identify and submit all safety and maintenance issues to Recreation Manager in a timely manner.
- Keeps the facility and equipment in good repair. This includes such duties as painting walls, minor plumbing, changing lightbulbs, repairing tables and chairs and other duties as assigned.
- Provides routine care on equipment.
- Delivers customer service with a positive attitude.
- Shall be familiar with all district programs and promote the vision and objectives, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the District.
- Attends pertinent training and staff meetings.
- Exhibit the district’s core values of Honesty, Attitude, Loyalty and Teamwork.
- Knowledge of custodial cleaning best practices, supplies, and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of facility maintenance and upkeep.
- Valid CPR/FA certification.
- Ability to operate custodial cleaning equipment, chemical dispensers, and other cleaning related products.
- Basic computer competency in word processing, data entry, and District registration and employee scheduling software.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently both orally and in writing to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work autonomously and to prioritize tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make rational decisions based in the best interest(s) of the individuals under stressful circumstances.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with other district personnel, volunteers, and the public.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or technical school preferred. An equivalent combination of education and relevant professional experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-by-year basis.
- One to two years janitorial experience, preferably in a recreation setting.
- Indoors, exposure to wet and/or humid spaces, cold temperatures, loud noises, and cleaning chemicals/supplies.
- Outdoors, snow removal as weather dictates.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel, and reach as necessary to accomplish a variety of cleaning and maintenance tasks.
- Ability to work a majority of a workday (8+ hours) on his/her feet.
Schedules will vary and will include afternoons, evenings and weekends.
Wage Type: Hourly
Hourly Range (if applicable): Based on Experience
Now Hiring!: Full-Time
How to Apply: Visit the website listed
Required Candidate Screenings: Background Screen Required
Hiring Opportunities for All: Open to hiring people with disabilities,Open to hiring fair-chance workers,Open to hiring veterans